Friday, March 12, 2010

Microwaves?

We actually had a week using microwave cooking in my Culinary Arts class! Weird huh. But, I learned a lot. Did you know you can make a cake in the microwave? It's pretty good too. haha.
The myths about microwaves harming you or causing cancer... is just that. A myth. The benefits to cooking in the microwave include - lower energy costs, and saving time! It also is a good method for moist heat.

Fettuccine Alfredo... microwave style!
16 oz fettuccine noodles
2 C parmesan Cheese
3/4 C butter, cut into quaters
1 C cream

Boil the noodles according to package directions on the stovetop. Drain.
In a large glass bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes in the microwave stirring twice during cooking. Stir in drained noodles and toss well. Season with pepper to your liking.


(I'm going to add one of the cake recipes later... but I've got to get going to my first class :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment