Thursday, February 18, 2010

Curried Beef Fricassee

(or... Beef Curry)
We had this today in my class and it is a really healthy dish getting a lot of veggies in, but also very tasty so I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you! I had never had curry with so many different things in it before and I really enjoyed it!

(this is to serve 4)
1 T curry powder (first part)
1 lb sirloin tip, cubed
2 C diced onions
1/2 tsp salt
3 C cubed Red Triumph Potatoes, skin on (or just red skin potatoes)
1 T Olive Oil
1 C carrots cut in diagonal slices (strips, or just chopped)
2/3 C red bell pepper, chopped coarsely
2/3 C Raisins
1 more T curry powder
1 T ginger root (or dried)
2 C plum tomatoes, diced
1 beef bouillon cube
1 C water
2 C long grain rice (or whatever type of rice you have)

1. Saute curry powder, meat, onions, salt and oil about 5 minutes on medium heat to brown the meat.
2. Add potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, raisins, curry powder, and ginger. Cook about 2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, bouillon cube, and water. Cover, and simmer for 35 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Prepare the rice according to package directions about 25 minutes before the curry is done.

Note: It will help to chop up all of the ingredients and have them ready before you start cooking.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOO! I am definitely going to make this! I will add broccoli for a side dish. Thank you fro sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth watering.....sounds SO delightful I am making it tomorrow:-)

    ReplyDelete